Initial Consultation 5-10%
Your Investment ($65.00/ per hour) = 5-10% is the design fee for your project. Worth the investment when the other 90-95% is not worth risking without a professional plan.
At the 1st meeting, we discuss in detail your design objectives, your expectations and hopes, and all the specific requirements for your project. – depending on the project type; a new construction project, a large-scale remodel, retail store/ restaurant design or a small living makeover, our services offer a structured integrated design process based on the individual project.
- Preliminary budget
- Project timeline
(Kitchen/Bath or Closet Design) Includes:
- Measure existing space
- Perform necessary filed research
- Take photographs
- Note client’s preferences and requirements
Client receives a formal proposal regarding the scope of work and design fees associated with the project. We present you with a broad concept of ideas through imagery. As well as review the estimate of costs.
- We present you with a broad concept of ideas through imagery, as well as review the estimate of costs.
- It is key at this stage whether the client clearly understands the fees involved with going ahead with a project.
- We are a kitchen, bath, and closet retailer. Our professional design fees in those areas are generally built into the prices of the cabinets. If product is not purchased, hourly design fees apply and drawings are not provided. We have access to planning tools and 3D modeling technology and follow guidelines from the National Kitchen & Bath Association – NKBA. Cabinet design is a specialized field that involves technical expertise and experience.
Design Development Final Contract Drawings & Specification
- Signing of Letter of Agreement
- This stage involves preparing concept plans and design layouts. Often, there are many design solutions; furniture placement / plans; finishing samples; colours.
- Meeting with contractors and gathering labor quotes. Meeting with the building professionals allows us to eliminate any issues such as load bearing walls.
- Budget ( contractor costing ) and timelines are discussed in detail in this phase.
- After contractor bids and their timelines, we assist you in reviewing each to ensure accuracy and fair pricing.
- Initiation of design includes ordering cabinetry and custom items. We draft and submit purchase orders for all of the interior finishes and furnishings so items are received and ready to install before construction begins.
- A detailed final drawings package is provided for the general contractor and the client.
Construction, Installation & Completion
- Project monitoring, design budget updates throughout process
- Receipt of items and installation
- Site reviews as required, to ensure the work is in accordance with the Client approved Design
- Answer contractor questions and help resolve any issues that might arise due to site conditions and unforeseen conditions
- Styling of final look -Client closure meeting